So 2019 is half way done. How are you fairing in your wallet? Is your money behaving well? Or is your money behaving like a spoiled little child? Always making unreasonable demands and keeping you awake at night. Always complaining, nagging you and causing you pain and anxiety.
Do you finally have a grip on your money? At the beginning of the year I had a few MONEY GOALS:
1. I wanted to save at least 20% of my income. As at June 2019 I am saving over 50% of my income;
2. I wanted to diversify my income. As of June 2019 I have invested in a small manufacturing business. The business started operations in May 2019 and though not yet profitable growth is impressive.
3. I wanted to expand our Forestry Project. In May we established an additional 10 acres of Pine forest.
4. I wanted to help people improve their Financial Literacy. I established the Money Engineer page in February 2019 and I post one article daily. The page now has over 150 articles, over 1,000 followers with a post reach of over 100,000 views. My goal is to reach a million people by February 2020.
5. I wanted to invest a specific amount of money in Financial Assets. I have achieved over 50% of that amount as at 30th June 2019. My financial assets can now sustain me for over 20 months.
6. I wanted to track all my financial transactions. I am currently tracking 100% of all my income and expenses. It is now an ingrained automatic habit! I am totally aware of my spending patterns. Information is power and knowledge of my spending habits has enabled me to make gradual improvements in my personal finances.
7. I wanted to be debt free by end of year. I managed to pay off my outstanding loans and I currently have no debts at all.
So from the available data presented here I am on my way to achieving my MONEY GOALS for 2019.
So how about you? Maybe you should also do a half year review of your personal finances. If you don’t have any money goals for 2019 you still have 6 months. It is not too late to set some MONEY GOALS for the rest of the year.