Saving money is a discipline and a habit. Habits are reinforced by repetition. Managing money is what is called a cornerstone habit and once mastered easily flows into the rest of your life. You will begin to notice discipline in your eating habits, reading, relationships, work, business, etc.
The method explained below is based on scientific research and is guaranteed to work. Just do it.
1. Print out this money saving chart and pin it to your fridge or door. Someplace where you can see it daily.
2. Pick one random number on the chart every week, multiply it by 10 and put the amount you get into a savings box at home. For instance if you pick 2,000 it means you need to save 20,000.
3. Cross off that number on the chart and repeat the process the following week.
4. At the end of one year you will have 1 million shillings saved.
5. Remove the money from the box at the end of the year and put it in a unit trust.
6. Repeat the process the following year but this time save 100 times the number on the chart. You will save 10m by end of year.
7. Repeat the process the following year but this time save 1000 times the number on the chart. You will save 100m by end of year!